Check out BOGS' most recent NEWSLETTER: bogs_newsletter__february_2017_-2.pdf
Congratulations to the BOGS award winners announced at Bioball 2016
The BOGS Awards recognize and celebrate the work and community involvement of Biology graduate students at Dal. Below you will find this year winners announced at Bioball. Thank you for enriching and building community at the Biology Department!
- Prize Catch Award: To be awarded to a student with the best FISH talk as determined by a general vote by graduate students.
- Exemplary Community Service: To be awarded to a student who has made exceptional contributions to the community outside of Dalhousie University.
- Fibrin Award: To be awarded to a student who has made exceptional contributions to the community within Dalhousie, and specifically to the Biology Department.
- Outstanding BOGS Executive: To be awarded to a BOGS executive member who has gone above an beyond the call of duty in their position.
- The Big Tuna: To be awarded to a student nearing the end of their studies, who has made significant contributions to BOGS and Dalhousie over the course of their degree.
- Coffee-goer of the Year: To be awarded to a student who has shown exceptional dedication to participating in Tuesday Coffee, as measured by attendance, conversation topics, and coolest mug.
- The Giving Lab: To be awarded to the lab where everyone goes when they run out of a chemical, need exotic glassware, or have designs on fancy-shmancy equipment.
- The Hub: To be awarded to the lab where you are most likely to find the most graduate students in one place. Don't bother looking for grad student X; you'll find them here.
- The Tenth Award: To be awarded to a student who deserves to be recognized for anything that does not fall under any of the first nine awards. (We mean anything. Anything at all. Really.)
Date: March 28th, 2013
The BOGS executive is proud to announce the results of Dalhousie's Annual IMPACT awards, earning BOGS the "Best Departmental Society Award". This award is presented to the Departmental Society ratified with the DSU that has demonstrated the highest level of consistency in event planning and delivery, high participation and attendance of its membership, and sets an example for other student societies. We extend our sincerest gratitude to all in the Biology Department; this award would not have been possible without all of your enthusiastic support and participation this year.
So, THANK YOU!!!
So, THANK YOU!!!